Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No seasoning packets allowed.

When we say 'homemade' in this house, we mean it. I don't say homemade if it involves anything from a seasoning packet...or a dough packet. I like to get down in the kitchen, get my hands dirty! :)My family has a hugeeeee love for pizza. But when we say homemade pizza, I'm in the kitchen with yeast, kneading the dough, letting it rise, making the sauce, shredding the cheese (don't get me going on preshredded cheese) & my sweet hubby is probably out back picking some fresh basil.

Why? Because it feels good. & we can. :)

Over the years I've realized I can do a lot of things, it just takes some time & research to switch over. So. I said byebye to ALL seasoning packets, yep you heard me, all of em :) & hello to this.
DSC_0207

one side says taco seasoning...and the other says
DSC_0272
because it is.

So you can take THAT ethoxyquin, msg, and way too much salt :)



do you want to make the switch?
try this site for some recipe ideas & play around with it till you find what you like best! :)
http://www.momadvice.com/food/create_your_own_mixes.aspx


http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/05/05/homemade-taco-seasoning-mix/

1 comment: